tracex

Friday, January 30, 2009

Yep- it's hot

I can think of little else but how hot it is. It's gotten up to 44 degrees for the last 2 days and is going to get there again today. We have no air con in our house and the other night the power went out, so no fans either. It's back on now, thankfully. For a couple of hours I draped a wet towel over my shoulders and sat in the dark. Sobbing quietly. Well, didn't really sob...

Last night, I got up at 3:42 after trying to get to sleep for about 3 1/2 hours, grabbed a frozen bottle of water and hugged it like a teddy bear. Actually, don't talk about teddy bears; those poor bastards have fur- oh, hang on, they're not real...I'm losing my mind.

4 Comments:

Blogger Cabernet Leather said...

The teddy bear comment cracked me up! 45 degrees in no joke though.

11:15 am  
Blogger Cabernet Leather said...

is

11:15 am  
Blogger Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

My heart breaks for the fur-covered animals of south-eastern Australia. And you, Tracey.

1:53 pm  
Blogger lukeisham said...

It was a bonafide heat wave. (I'm still alive, praise the Lord!)

12:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home