tracex

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Rip it up & start again

I have returned to the blogging world. After a hiatus, I decided that blogging is a fun and useful thing to do. I was going to start a new one (i.e. rip it up and start again- which incidentally is a very good book on the post-punk era) but upon re-reading my old posts I think I'll just continue...

Today I signed up for Raw Comedy. This petrifies me but it's something I keep talking about doing, so I'm gonna. So, now I'm thinking- what's my schtick? Do I go for self-deprecating, cynical, observational? Should I be verbose, self-conscious? Do I pull out a guitar? I don't think so.

I've got 5 minutes to dazzle them with my comedic talent. Can I do it? Do I have any? Will I be nervous? Will I sound stupid? Am I stupid?

One thing I do know is that I won't talk about breasts, periods, sex or menopause like most 'edgy' female comediennes out there. Whhhhyyyy is there not more unisex comedy from females? What on earth makes me think I can do it?

6 Comments:

Blogger The Librarian said...

Hmmm, not tooo self-depreciating, it can make people feel more awkward than in throes of hilarity.

Use your facial expressions but practise them in the mirror, your friends think they're funny because we know you but other strangers might take time to get them..

Also, I think if you can bring in the guitar it would be cool. How many women use music on their routines? I don't know of any but they could be out there.

"Can I do it? Do I have any? Will I be nervous? Will I sound stupid? Am I stupid?"

You could do a 5 minute show on how you had trouble deciding if you should do this or not! Were you indecisive t-shirt I gave you!

3:30 pm  
Blogger The Borg said...

One thing I do know is that I won't talk about breasts, periods, sex or menopause like most 'edgy' female comediennes out there.

LOL!

3:35 pm  
Blogger Trace said...

Hey Aims
Have certainly considered the self-referential schtick...

4:10 pm  
Blogger lukeisham said...

Welcome back Tracey!

This comment thread is turning into an Isham family gathering!

1:22 pm  
Blogger Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

This is the kind of risk-taking that I most heartily applaud. A hearty welcome back to the blogosphere, too!

1:51 pm  
Blogger Mikey Lynch said...

Welcome back blogo!

3:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home