tracex

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Sun = contentment

I'm loving the sun at the moment. I'm still hopeless at getting up in the morning, but did get to see most of the day on Tuesday as I drove Kate Donnelly to the airport at 7 am. Did some Bible reading and praying, I had coffee with a girl from my small group, practised some violin duets with a mate and worked in Jude's office in the afternoon. That evening we had some people over for dinner and I cooked a roast.
I loved Tuesday and felt like it was productive and interesting. I wish everyday could be like Tuesday, but alas...
I was exhausted on Wednesday and knew that I'd have to work on Wednesday evening (teaching delightful little children, and a couple of adults, to play the violin)- so, I slept in and missed my class. Today was similar- but I only missed an hour of lectures.
I would love to finish a week, knowing that I'd met all my obligations. Has anyone out there managed to do it? What does it feel like?

2 Comments:

Blogger Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

I meet all my obligations every day: Wake up Nick and Kate by meowing and scratching things and making generally annoying noises, eat, sleep on the bed, patrol my turf, sleep in my basket, stretch out on the carpet, have a lickbath, meow at Nick and Kate for food, sleep... if you arent meeting your obligations, lower your obligations, thats my advice. Nick has a different idea. Ask him about the hipster PDA. (***Apologies for the lack of apostrophes in this post. The computer doesnt want to do them. Even though I am a cat, I know how to punctuate. Unlike many humans.)

10:09 am  
Blogger The Librarian said...

I had one of those days today.

I went to work at 8:30, finished at three, drive to the mechanic to show him our back light so he could order a new one, drive to the city for a doctor's appt. bought some bathers, picked up my ( now fixed) mobile phone, and bought a script for my new virus on the way home.

Then I gave myself the night off study. Heck! you gotta rest!!! to do it before I get stuffed is, in my experience, the way to stop myself from burning out :)

7:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home