tracex

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

First day of school

Today, I am back at Ridley. They don't know it yet, but I'm here. I really felt like I was starting at a new school. I had trouble deciding what to wear. I wanted to make sure I could fit in with the other kids! This is when I fully endorse the concept of uniforms; though I'm uncertain what a Ridley Theological College uniform would look like. Would there be robes involved? If so, I don't think I'd cope...

For those of you who don't know, I had a semester off from study and I am feeling much better for it. I have done a lot of soul searching and evaluation. This is what I've come up with:

1. I get much more stressed than I care to let on and it therefore manifests in quite spectacular ways.
2. I didn't have any trouble getting good marks in school and have therefore developed no study habits. I know it all in theory.
3. I cannot do all-nighters anymore. As Danny Glover said in Lethal Weapon: "I'm too old for this shit!"
4. I have needed glasses for quite a long time.
5. I feel like I should know things without asking. I have no idea where this thought came from. This really is an impossibly high expectation to have of myself. How I would expect to have an innate knowledge of everything is beyond me.
6. I find people incredibly fascinating, and with God's strength, their potential is amazing.
7. I love God, Jesus and the Bible.
8. I like going running. If I don't try to compare myself to how good other people are I just do what I do and get on with it! (This applies to everything, actually...)
9. When you teach 25 violin students a week, you get much better at teaching very quickly.
10. The violin is a difficult instrument to play well. When played by a young beginner, I feel like there are cats with chills going down their spines, worried that a relative is being murdered. When played well, it can make people cry- in a good way.

Anyway, I haven't had a violently allergic reaction to college yet. Let's pray that it stays that way!

6 Comments:

Blogger Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

Good for you, Tracex! I really pray that your return to Ridley is a success... evenif it's not (Heaven forbid!), it once again confirms to me what a gutsy chick you are. I just hope you have no interstate visitors staying with you in the next few weeks to ruin what study habits you've developed in the past week!

2:13 pm  
Blogger Trace said...

Thanks Kate...ah, sorry, Pablo's mum. Funny you should mention the visitors. I think I might be a bit too busy to hang out with a couple of my bestest friends in the whole wide world. ;)

2:20 pm  
Blogger The Borg said...

Hi Tracey!!

Cool to see you've started a blog and you're back at Ridley. Good to have a porpoise. :)

I expect make great things from this blog. :D

Bi-buy,

Shy

6:44 pm  
Blogger Calico_Rabbit said...

Hellooooo Tracey!!! Tis I, the "other" Amy (the old, fat one :D )...nice to find your blog and hear of your goings on! Bless you xx

12:44 pm  
Blogger Trace said...

Hi 'the other' Amy,
Is that like 'the other white meat'?

5:15 pm  
Blogger The Librarian said...

Hi tracey!
It's me, the REAL amy or maybe I should say the 'chicken' Amy, if amy J is the other white meat Amy.

Good insights.

Particularly stress and and question asking. I never used to ask questions but it really is a lost art, people who can ask really good questions are rare.

It's good to be able to know what you're up to, and great to see you are back at Ridle,y knowing all the nasty things that can trip you up and being prepared not to let them!!!

Oh, and keep running!!! Don't compare yourself to anyone!! Just enjoy it.

Lukey got in (of course) so we'll see you next year if not before.

7:59 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home