tracex

Monday, August 21, 2006

The uncertainty of friendship

There are some friends who you just know really like you. There are some who you're not so sure about.

They are the ones that you seem to make all the effort with, because the other ones don't need it. This seems a bit wrong. One day I imagine realising that all those 'certain' friends have drifted away and you have absolutely nothing in common; that all you can talk about is the past, knowing that your friendship has no future.

Then there are those moments when you realise that someone you were uncertain about as a friend proves that they care. That all those times you put your heart on the line have had some impact on that person. And then there is a power shift...

I am acutely aware that human relationships are affected by sin. I pretend that I don't care when I do. I pretend that I care when I don't.

I long for the day that we can be completely free and open with each other without a hint of selfishness. Until then, I will beg God to change our hearts.

2 Comments:

Blogger Calico_Rabbit said...

Nice post! Maintaining friendships is one of my bad points - I always worry people are just putting up with me, so I tend to lurk on the outer rims! Maybe I should just trust God a bit more, eh! :D

12:01 pm  
Blogger The Borg said...

Hey Amy that's exactly how I feel!

Trace, you are incredibly perceptive about relationships.

I long for the day that we can be completely free and open with each other without a hint of selfishness. Until then, I will beg God to change our hearts. Amen. :)

1:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home