tracex

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Right here, right now

Wow- they could be song lyrics. That's right- they are. Write something original, Tracey...

I'm actually quite excited about the future at the moment. I'm studying Counselling, I'm in the process of applying to become a School Chaplain, I'm applying for part-time work so I can finish my study quickly, I have enough money to travel if I want to, I might get to work in full-time Christian ministry in Tassie. I'm excited about the possibilities (don't worry, I don't expect to do it all at the same time). I was thinking: "This is quite unusual- feeling so excited about the future". Well, the bit before Heaven, anyway. I often look forward to that!

But, upon reflection, that isn't actually true. I often get excited making future plans. Maybe not as excited as I am now, but I have fun day-dreaming. What I actually have a problem being excited about is the Here and Now.

I'm not saying that I expect to be completely, utterly happy. I think that would involve too much denial on my part. I would love to be caught up in the moment every now and then, though. Maybe one day. Ironically.

A girl's gotta dream.

1 Comments:

Blogger ambersun said...

Hi Trace

Glad you're feeling excited. Keep up the good vibes.

Would be awesome to have you back in Tassie.

God Bless

Amber

8:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home