tracex

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Subjectively Speaking: Songs You Should Like

There are some songs that are so beautiful that you simply must stop whatever you are doing and listen to them. Listen to them with your whole being. Lay down on the floor, close your eyes and put it on repeat. And wonder if there is anyone else out there who feels this way about a song.

Sometimes the songs are more poignant because they are associated with something else: a place, a person, a kiss, or even a film. Sometimes it is because they are associated with nothing real at all. They allow you to forget everything and to simply be.

These are the songs that melt my cynicism, or confirm my cynicism, and make me so conscious of my heart and everything that it holds. And yet, I know if I listened to only these songs it would be unbearable.

Over the next few weeks, I'd like to share these songs with you, beginning with a song penned in 1936.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

Ooh. Can't wait!

11:49 am  
Blogger The Librarian said...

yes, pls bring it on :)

12:07 pm  
Blogger JC said...

Ooh, I think I can guess this one?

Okay, I'll try not to spoil it outright, but is it by someone who is better known for his acting, rather than his words?

If it is, I can only say this ... =)

4:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home