tracex

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Have I failed you?

I haven't written a song in the last week, I confess. I have moved into Essayland. I have four essays due in the next four weeks.

What's good about the whole songwriting thing is that it is there, on the radar. I do spend time thinking about what direction I want to take and jot down lyrics every few days. I do feel like it will come together in some way or other. Welcome to the creative process.

Maybe the whole 12 song thing was too ambitious. But maybe it was actually what I needed as a guideline to get something happening. I think it's the latter.

I choose to not be too hard on myself.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mikey Lynch said...

At least you're owning up! Way better than letting it gradually drift off because you feel a vague unease about it!

Maybe you could write a littel 12-bar blues about not writing a song this week?

1:09 pm  
Blogger Bron said...

You haven't failed :) But I do look forward to hearing that it's going well.

1:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home