tracex

Friday, March 16, 2007

The Grand Prix

Well, today I'm kinda at the Grand Prix against my will. Allow me to explain.
I work at 608 St Kilda Rd on the 9th floor. I can see the Albert Park track from here, but more to the point, I can hear it. It was vaguely cool for the first half an hour, but is now incredibly irritating at 2:30 pm. I've been here since 9 and finish at 5.
I was late to work because there were so many people catching the trams. I found it difficult not to resent them.
Every now and then I hear an ambulance siren. That can't be good.
Melbourne has a lot to answer for...

2 Comments:

Blogger Felicity said...

I use to watch the Grand Prix with Dad and my brothers when I was younger. It was loud even on the TV so I sympathise with you re the noise. It can be hard to consentrate to when there is an annoying noise in the background. Melbourne is the hub of activity at the moment with Grand Prix, then Swimming championships (atleast swimming is inside).

2:00 pm  
Blogger Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

That was one weekend that Kate and I were glad that we weren't in Melbourne... although if Kate was there, she could have seen her Old Dark Navy Blues triumph in the Kiss-of-Death Cup.

1:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home